bkgrnd

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Red, White & Blue

Wishing you all a splendid 4th of July!!! Parker and I are headed to Lake Florida at the end of the day. He has been carrying around his little Spiderman container with 2 bobbers and a little fish in it - asking me "can I go fishing with my papa now?". He also can't wait to swim, play in the sand, ride his bike & scooter (which Papa needs to do some fixing on...those darn training wheels), and spend time with friends & family. His cousins: Brandon, Sean, & Amanda will be over for a slumber party tonight - he has already told me who he wants to sleep by, Miss Amanda of course. He absolutely LOVES playing with the 3 of them, and it's a little "mini tradition" that they all get to stay overnight for the 4th of July. My mom adores having the 4 of them for the night...they're like our 4 little 4th of July cuties :) They get to stay up late, we play games, make yummy pancakes, and usually are entertained by Amanda's stories (she is quite the little talker and she cracks me up every time with how much she knows about things!). I don't know who has more fun at the sleepovers - the kids or the grown-ups?!!!


In other news, it is Parker's LAST day at New Horizons (*tear*)- I am extremely thankful for the friends and learning that he has done. Parker has attended the center since he was 6 weeks old...there were a few tears last night when I picked him up and I anticipate more today. Not of him - but this mom here. I can honestly say that this is one of the most challenging things I've been faced with as a parent thus far. I'm sure there will be more complex, different issues that evolve over the years, but in this very moment at this very point in our lives - this daycare switch is the hardest. We have so many GREAT memories of New Horizons! Praises and plauds to all of the wonderful teachers at NHA - everyone there is simply THE BEST!!!!! We hope to stay in touch with his 2 best friends, Tommy & Olivia. I sent my camera with him to school today, so hopefully we get a few good shots of the kiddos :)


I'm looking forward to attending the parade in Spicer on Friday with Parker. And on Saturday, I'm going to a wedding in Sartell with Karl. I don't like to talk much about "me" on this blog...but this is one amazing guy that I am happy to share about :)

1 comment:

Kameron & Teresa said...

And we are happy to hear about you & Karl too!!! We are so happy for you and Parker and wish you all a happy & safe 4th of July!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!

Insider Clip

Parker's GAP video

San Fwancysco

The color quality isn't the greatest on this - but turn up the volume and listen to the excitement in Parker's voice about our trip next week!!!