bkgrnd

Saturday, March 13, 2010

3.1 feels so good!

Today was the day - I ran 3.1 miles! Totally going to feel it tomorrow :) But, what a great accomplishment!!! I will be sending in my registration for the Earth Day 5K at SCSU on 4/16...once it is mailed there is no turning back!

Parker and I had a "home" day that consisted of: trip to the gym, laundry, grocery shopping, games of Connect 4, making brownies, and jamming to some good tunes while picking up the house. I am beginning to enjoy weekends that have no real 'plan'...

The first payment for Kindergarten is due on Friday -- eek! It will be here before we know it. Parker reminded me again today that the thing he is most looking forward to is riding the bus. We were snuggling up in his bed reading some books tonight and having a conversation about our day. He read me 'Big Dog, Little Dog' from cover to cover. La, La, little dog. Big D-d-dog. He's recoginizing all of those letters and speaking the sounds they make. I have a feeling he will be quite the little reader. He DEFINATELY does not get that from his mama.

Daylight savings time, why must you take that precious hour of sleep from me?

1 comment:

gk said...

nice work babe! i'm so proud of you. parker must look forward to riding the bus b/c you and i had to ride it so much as kids in echo! too cute. and i love the D-d-dog book too! i think he gets his love for reading from mom. although i USED to love to read...

Insider Clip

Parker's GAP video

San Fwancysco

The color quality isn't the greatest on this - but turn up the volume and listen to the excitement in Parker's voice about our trip next week!!!