bkgrnd

Saturday, April 30, 2011

where did april go?

April was a busy month! We celebrated Parker's 6th Birthday! Had a great weekend in the cities with GK and Grammy +Papa. Oh the laughs and memories :)

And it was Easter. Parker got home on Sunday afternoon and found his basket. E.Bunny wasn't very good at hiding it this year. He asked me a TON of questions: "how did the bunny make it all the way up to our house?" "how did he know i wanted one of those UnderArmor zip up thingeys?" "you mean he came here even when i wasn't home?".

I've been running. And running. And running. And you know what? IT.FEELS.GREAT. I've decided on the race I'll run in -- Graniteman Half in Sauk Rapids. The big day is September 10th. There's no looking back now. There's a kids race on Friday the 9th, that I'm thinking about signing Parker up for.

Training has been awesome lately. I started taking a new shake and 2 weeks in has made me life a whole lot easier. And eating and cooking is actually something I enjoy now. I'm getting good practice and trying some new recipes. So far its been going great. I no longer dread going into the kitchen and making myself cook meals, I look forward to trying new things.

I've contemplated posting my "before" picture. For now, I think I'm going to keep it tucked away in a safe place. Maybe when I hit my goal weight I'll reveal. So far to date I'm down 30# and going strong. I'm down inches and a whole bunch of other things too...which I need to get from the gym THIS week. Shopping for new clothes is a love/hate relationship. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE shopping. But for the first time in, well, ever, I have cut back and am in survival mode with my wardrobe. I've filled 4 Rubbermaid totes of things that don't fit me. Its so weird, a good weird.

Progress, people. Progress. I'm making it :)

No comments:

Insider Clip

Parker's GAP video

San Fwancysco

The color quality isn't the greatest on this - but turn up the volume and listen to the excitement in Parker's voice about our trip next week!!!