bkgrnd

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

3 days till christmas

Whoa...where did the time go? Parker kindly reminded me this morning "mommy, only 3 more days till Christmas". After I heard him say that I thought to myself, OH CRAP, have I crossed everything off my list? is all of my shopping done? what am I forgetting?

I missed the annual phone call from my dad this week where he says "hey Ab, I need you to go to such and such place and pick up such and such gift for such and such person". We actually got AHEAD of the game this year and did our shopping early! So, in the spirit of the season, I picked up the phone and called him this morning just to double check and make sure he really didn't need me to do any shopping for him :)

I was reminded in my conversation this morning w/ my dad that I am supported. loved. thankful. grounded.happy.healthy. I love that my dad is so laid back, easy going, and low-maintenance. I love that my mom is caring, full of love, and always has open arms for a hug. Through all of the "stuff" I've been through (and going through now) both of them just LISTEN. Love that about them!

We're gearing up for the trek to spend the holidays w/ family and couldn't be more excited to see GK+BB and Grammy + Papa!!!

No comments:

Insider Clip

Parker's GAP video

San Fwancysco

The color quality isn't the greatest on this - but turn up the volume and listen to the excitement in Parker's voice about our trip next week!!!